Thursday, September 23, 2010

Recycle Furniture

When I did a Google search on "recycled furniture" these are some of the things I found.














Pretty imaginative and interesting. But this is not what I was looking for. These interesting pieces wouldn't fit in with my more traditional home. So I had to do more searching to find my idea of recycled furniture. I was looking for re-made furniture, furniture that has had a furniture makeover. I wanted ideas on how to take good bones and re-use it. A good bit of modern furniture is poorly made and may not be worth a re-do. But if you find a piece that has good bones, use your imagination and some elbow grease to bring it back to life. No matter what your style is... modern or traditional... eclectic or country... you can make it your own. Here are some wonderful examples I found of what people have done.

Before

After




Before

After











Entertainment centers for the big TVs are obsolete now. But you can still use them. Here is one Before.

After









Like the Lion, Witch and The Wardrobe!



Reuse an entertainment center into an armoire.



Add some shelves to an old entertainment center and use as a pantry.



Take the doors off an entertainment center, add some shelves and use for storage.































Before

After


Before

After









Before

After











Before

After
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...