Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Katrina: I never dated Ranbir

Please share Bookmark and Share


Katrina Kaif
One of the top actresses in the film industry today, Katrina Kaif seems to be on the face of every magazine cover, and on every other ad.
In a revealing interview with Zoom TV, Katrina talked about everything under the sun -- from her relationship with the top three Khans in the industry, her link-up with Ranbir Kapoor and even growing up without a father.
We present an excerpt of the interview:
What was it like growing up in a house with six sisters? Do they look up to you?
Oh no, they don't. There is a certain amount of responsibility that I am now aware I have. I have a family which is dependant on me. They are all strong and incredibly intelligent and when we all do get together, it is really nice. Those are the times that I miss.
It's also nice to see that there is a whole other world out there and they are surviving and doing great and it's not just the film industry world that exists.
One of your sisters Isabella is trying to get into the movies. Has she signed something?
No, she's actually not here. There were a few misreports that she was looking and trying to get into the industry, which is not correct. She is currently in New York. She has been studying for the last two years. She has done her acting training but she's not here yet. She is yet to decide.
I'm hoping she does and if here's where she wants to work, then obviously now I think I have some very good friends and obviously, it would be easier for her.

'Salman and I kept our feelings private from the beginning'


Katrina Kaif
There's a lot of speculation about your equation with Salman. You did a song in Bodyguard and you are doing a movie with him now. What exactly is it that you share?
Salman is someone I have known since I was 18. Obviously, if you have known someone for so long and if you've been able to sustain an equation, then even though the nature of the equation may change, and it's been well documented that our equation did change, it doesn't mean you stop being there for that person or the person is not important in your life.
I can't understand what people find complex about it. If you've been close to someone so long and the equation changes, you can find friendship with that person. If you are not able to have that, then there is something wrong. Otherwise you will go through life having experiences that will just end. That's not how it should be.
When you say equation changing means you were a couple?
Salman and I have kept our feelings private from the beginning. That's the way we were happy. But having said that, I think there's been enough documented. I said some time back now that I am single and he's also single but we are friends, we are comfortable with each other and we work together. It's great fun on the sets; everybody's having a good time. I think the funniest thing is people are so wary.

'I don't think Kareena would have been insecure because of my song in Bodyguard'


Katrina Kaif
There was some talk in newspapers that Kareena wasn't too happy about your song in Bodyguard. Is that true?
I think a person like Kareena -- whatever little I know of her and I admit I don't know much about her -- wouldn't have been insecure. A person in her position, how much she's achieved, the work she's doing, she's not going to be insecure. So I can take the liberty of speaking for her and saying I am pretty sure that's a false report.
Alvira, who is Salman's sister and a very dear friend of mine, said she wanted me to do a small appearance in the song and that she and Kareena and everyone had discussed it. So I think they were all happy and as it's rightly been reported now. It's a 30 second cameo and no big deal. It's all fun.
There was also talk about Anushka Sharma being upset over a shared make-up artist. Is that true?
Unfortunately, I don't know that part of the story because I don't know her that well. Since my film Humko Deewana Kar Gaye, I have had the same team for hair and make-up. They are always with me and I don't know what's going on when I am not there.

'Looking for love is not advisable'


Katrina Kaif
What was the link-up with Ranbir all about? There was a lot of talk that you guys were dating.
We did two very wonderful films together and when you are working with somebody in that space and you are spending time together, it's natural. But there was a lot of speculation and everybody getting on board to comment. I don't think that was fair. He's been a great co-star and I think we've both been there in each other's life during the period we've been working together. I think he's been a great guy and he's great on set with everyone and even the interactions I have seen him doing.
You guys never dated?
We've always been friends and the speculation got blown out of proportion and that made it awkward for everyone. But it's just something you have to ignore.
You said you are single now, so are you not looking to date anyone?
Actually, looking is not going to help. You can look all you want but if you don't find, then that's pretty pointless. Looking for love is not advisable; it'll come when it needs to, when it has to. Of course, everyone wants to have that someone special and I do feel it's important.

'I get lonely at times'


Katrina Kaif
You're Katrina Kaif, top of your game, gorgeous, successful and you're a self-confessed romantic. So why aren't the bells ringing?
I don't know, I guess that's part of the amazing scenario life can present you with. This is a situation where you feel I have reached here so I have got everything I want and everything is according to plan, and I really do feel blessed.
And then you realise that okay there is something which is missing. I guess that's just the way it is.
It's the way it is for me right now and when I really want something, I pray for it and I am praying that there will be a time when I have that perfect blend of work, career and the special someone in your life.
Do you get lonely at times?
Ya, I do think it's a very very lonely place to be in sometimes because you find yourself on the set 12-13 hours in a day surrounded by people. But the fact remains that no matter how fond you are of those people or how much love they give you, everyone's still going home to their respective families. And you go home and are alone. I think the difference between so many people on set and then no one is vast and sometimes, you feel it slightly more.
But having said that, I do have really good friends and some lovely people I am fortunate to have around as a support system.

'Growing up without a father I always felt it was little bit of an off balance for us'


Katrina Kaif
How important is marriage as an institution to you?
My view on that is very basic. Actually, there is no for or against it. I just believe that in an ideal situation, one gets married and has children eventually and it's a more secure environment for a child to grow up in because for us, growing up without a father, I always felt it was little bit of an off balance. But other than that, each to his own I guess.
You've always said that you're not in any camp and you've proved it now by signing a movie with Shah Rukh. How was it getting to work with him?
The film is going to go on the floors in the next few months, which is directed by Yash Chopra. I really don't understand this camps thing and I really don't think it exists. There are some people who are better friends than other people but we are all here to work. And Shah Rukh's been a lovely gentleman to me whenever he's met me at a party or function. I'm really looking forward to working with him from whatever I've heard from people who have been on a set with him that he's unbelievable to his co-stars in the way he helps them better their performance.
I'm very excited about doing a film with Yash Chopra and with Shah Rukh Khan, and it being a love story which I have not really fully done.

'I am not in Dhoom 3'


Katrina Kaif
So you're doing a Yash Raj film with Shah Rukh and a Yash Raj film with Salman. Are you also doing Dhoom 3?
No, I think people are saying now let's just put her everywhere. There's been a lot of speculation this year which I think is to be expected. My only wish in this aspect is that people just ask. It doesn't hurt to ask -- write it if you think it's correct but at least ask.
What do you do on your birthday? There were reports that you go to Salman's house and Shah Rukh's house.
All wrong reports, I must say. There were reports that I met Ranbir at a cinema and then somewhere else with somebody else. We were actually at a special screening of Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara with the whole cast and crew. And everyone was going for a special screening at night to Shah Rukh's house and there was a big controversy about that. It was as simple as that but everyone made their own story.

'I don't think it is right to compare Nargis, Jacqueline to me'


Katrina Kaif
Katrina how does it feel, you're a benchmark now and new actresses like Nargis Fakhri, Jacqueline Fernandez and Zarine Khan are being compared to you?
Whether they like it or not, the media is choosing to make a comparison. I don't think that's right. I know all the people you are talking about and I think they are all very different individuals and they each have something they bring to the table which is very different from me. I don't think it's fair to them or anyone really to make a comparison.
Makes you feel good?
No, it doesn't actually. I'd rather the media let me be on my own and let them be on their own too because I can imagine it can get uncomfortable. I think they are all beautiful girls who have their own identity and I see them as very strong different individuals.
After Sheila, every actress is doing an item number.
I think that's honestly a lot of credit to Farah. She is the choreographer of both Munni and Sheila which both came in the same year and the whole item trend just caught on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...