Sunday, January 15, 2012

I look up to Katrina: Amy Jackson

Please share Bookmark and Share


I look  up to Katrina: Amy Jackson
Amy Jackso

.. says Amy Jackson, who is now in the running with Nargis Fakhri for Nikhil Advani's next film

Her Bollywood debut may not have released yet, but Amy Jackson already seems to be hotting up the competition among

B-town's newbies. The latest is that she is being pitted against Rockstar girl Nargis Fakhri for Nikhil Advani's next film, which has Arjun Rampal in the lead. In fact, it is being reported that while the makers are keen on Amy, Arjun wants Nargis to be his co-star. "I've been meeting producers and actors, but it is not about this film. Nothing is concrete about that at the moment," says Amy.

Quiz Amy how it feels to be the one of the most sought-after actors in the industry and she says, "It's a bit crazy as I never thought of acting as a career. I can't believe all this is happening to me, but I am definitely here to stay. And I am happy to be in Indian cinema," she says.

Amy, who made her Indian film debut with the Tamil film Madrasapattinam, will start shooting for director Vijay's action thriller, Thaandavam - which is reportedly a bilingual in Tamil and Telugu - in March. "It's a completely different film and I will get to show off my action skills in it. Vijay gave me my first break and it's great to work with him again," says Amy, who wants to make inroads into Tollywood as well. "The industry is big and if I get an interesting role, I will take it up," she says.

While most actors who make the transition from the south to Bollywood say that the two industries are poles apart in terms of working environments, Amy says that the only difference between them is the temperature. "I actually didn't find too many differences between B-town and the south. The difference lies in the temperature. I was shooting when it was 45 degrees Celsius in Chennai; Mumbai is cooler," says Amy.
The British model-turned-actor says her homegirl Katrina has inspired her in more ways than one. "Katrina is one of the girls I look up to. She's a great inspiration and has made a market for herself in India. She was fabulous in Chikni Chameli," says Amy. Does that mean she is game to do an item number too? "I've never danced before, but I'm taking classes now. If my role in a film is meaty and I get a good song along with it, then why not?" she signs off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...